an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Thursday, July 22, 2004

the start of something

if you are here you have heard about this from one of our local poets,
we want a forum for open poetry if you want in you can contact us.

 

Georgia
by, whitehorse

We all start in the same place
 Dark Black ink upon a page
thin little lines that never change
Created before we had names
 
And history will never find
A life that is exactly like mine
 But I cant escape the strangest doubt
That they are in and I am outside
 
Walking through a windless world
Straining my voice because a girl
Listens to me like im a scholar
Even when im just a fucking liar
 
It’s a reflex you explained to me
That even when our brain cant see
The logic of an engine
We will just keep on pretending
 
I am strong but without muscles
Just a heart that’s built to trust it
Because somethings keep on beating
when I wish I wasn’t breathing
 
In oxygen so thick its fluid
Like these words I never knew meant
I could carry my own baggage
On my shoulder without it sagging
 
Tired of taking my own medicine
It never fails to make me sick
To think that’s how I must have acted
How could you find me attractive
 
Like a wolf trapped in sheeps clothing
Till he doest even know if
He has claws or teeth for biting
 Or Just a flaw that he keeps fighting
 
And you woke up to find me sleeping
Lost in dreams but softly thinking
Our last chance to take some action
Is the point when we lose traction
 
On the tires we thought would carry us
To some place where we couldn’t rush
The things we should take slowly
But all I need is you to hold me right now 
  
  
  
  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home