an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Monday, August 30, 2004

Did it hurt?

by: slanted

For all the corny pick up lines
For all the faulty feelings,
Angels falling from the sky
Seems awfully close to you

But people are not angels
And you are so far from perfect
I wonder where you came from
I’m lost for where you’re going

I know I could move on
I know I could start over
But my dreams are doing nothing
But showing me with you

And we are running through a field,
Running off a cliff
And since you never liked to hold hands
We are falling down alone

I saw you had a parachute
To break this painful fall
Before you pulled the cord to stop
And I kept falling
You whisper in my ear

That:

“Life is just a game
And we played it pretty well
But now I’ve got to go babe
Since I’m tired of always winning

When you can never tell”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home