an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The best man at my wedding

by: shira

You are my comfort
When I feel unwell
Drying my eyes
Of dust and my absent mind
From the time I broke
All I had

You are my energy
When I’m tired
Of every day
Plunging into the same cracks on the sidewalk
That I’m expected to avoid
But entice with footsteps
Hoping to fall into a trap
That sets us free

I am your distraction
From time spent alone
When you wonder where the world goes
While you’re asleep

And I can tell you
That the sun and the dark
And the rain and the water in your bathroom sink
Don’t leave when you do

They thrive in your stillness
And drain into longing for your concentration
As you rest
And I thrash
In my waking consciousness
I hold onto your hands
And you accommodate my bent wrists

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home