an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Friday, December 30, 2005

Really, Really

by shira

You asked me if you really stand
For everything the capital building falls for
Big metal belt buckles as a cover-up for what’s
Setting off the metal detector
Really bullets and gunshots instead of one man’s pocket

I told you that you leapt
Long ago, too young for you to remember now
Into a ravine filled with mountain spring water
Cause it says so on the bottle
I bought from the gas station
Where we sell what our boys are fighting for in Iraq

Really, now
Mother, listen to me
I read the papers
See the TV. screens outside of the electronics store

Really, now
Father, listen to me
I know it will all stop someday
As soon as the news is less popular

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home