an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Monday, March 13, 2006

My dear son or daughter, yet to be born, whom I love so much:

Written by Kester Henrick

Hopefully by the time you read this you'll realize
that Daddy wasn't as good as you thought he'd be.
That what he wrote about Mommy and how he wrote about her and the words
he choose to describe the day that you were concieved and brewed yourself into
existance...
May...
Have been...
A mistake.
And if there's one thing I can teach to you now, years before I even lay my lips onto your mothers and taste what I have had bottled up inside me for over twenty years...
Don't...
Look...
Back.
Press on with you life and live it for yourself.
If you live it for others and the satisfaction of others, you're being a whore.
And you'll never truly be happy with yourself.
And one day I hope that I'll still be alive to watch you grow up to be a tall, slender, beautiful child who shares the blood I hold in my veins.
Who will find one day, no matter how long it takes, someone who will truly make you happy with yourself.
And I pray that you teach your kids:
No matter what mistakes you make, don't look back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home