an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Perfectly Imperfect

by: Stacy

You look like a calendar
with all your lines and perfect font.
Separating life into neatly packaged
squares and days.

And you drag pens
across your days,
murdering them one by one,
so easy to divide past and present.

Chaos scares you.
But write me in,
in permanent marker,
and don't cross the T in my name.

Let me be your windstorm.
Let me be your disaster.
Let me rain until your lines melt down the page,
and your papers disintegrate.

And you're left with nothing
but you. No more black and white.
So bare. So natural.
So perfectly imperfect.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger localpoet said...

I really like this lots. I love the persona of the calendar and dragging pens across the days.

-bru

 

Post a Comment

<< Home