an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Saturday, July 31, 2010

All my friends are baristas

by MarketFresh (formerly Surreal as Sunlight and/or Nik)

A small iced coffee for me
I keep it simple for my friends
They hand it over for free
And we shake hands

The next in queue
Wants an Americano
Extra shot, extra room
He's got a fistful of Milanos

His drink is incorrect
"Wake up man!
Do it again,
my barista friend!"

Sit down with my coffee
Flip open my books
Eyes on my friend
The one with the looks

Wiping his sweat
"a slave to the man"
Or so he says
Serving on demand

I gaze at the words
I'm stuck to the text
Memorizing for the test,
one down onto the next

Someday I'll be in a similar place
"Wake up man!
Do the test again,
my resident."

And if I do earn that MD
The clock still taps
Lists of patients to see
No stops, no naps

When it's time to unwind
Me and my barista friends
Together we drink the wine
We're all just meetings ends

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home