an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Sunday, July 25, 2004

a sacred trinity

by whitehorse

1.

the moments in your car
between goodbyes
are silent                            (like freezers)

and i can never vocalize it

"dont leave"

your car is already parked, just turn the key
come to my door.

kiss me (with feeling this time) so i dont have to wonder
again
so i dont have to wonder
ever
what you are thinking

2.

i wanted to stay mad
but your laughs settled in my chest

like a cold once my eyes stopped watering
my jaw slowly unclenched

and i stood like a sentinal and stared down my street
with eyes cut like diamonds
but not nearly as sharp

i was trying not to let you get the best of me
but thats what you are

3.

i climbed into my car
and considered turning off the radio

taking this ride in silence

but the sounds of the street
would have found me desperate

for feeling
for her
for her
for her

for touches i could have
if i was solid
like my father
if i could stand tall
than my father
a man
in boys shoes

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home