an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

going away to college

by brown cow

You taught me what I couldn’t teach myself
You showed me wrong from right
You taught me how to tie my shoes
You stood by my door as I slept at night

You were always there to talk to
You picked me up when I would fall
You showed me how to stand strong
You showed me how to stand tall

Thank you for the small things
They are the things that matter most
If it weren’t for them
I wouldn’t be able to handle life’s curvy road

Goodbye my beloved family
I love you with all my heart
I am off on my own journey
It is something I must start

I will never forget the laughs
I will never forget your smiles
Thank you for the good times
You made my life worthwhile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home