an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Punishing myself for my lack of words

by Turtledove

I was driving home from your house

All I wanted to do was turn the car around
and try and give you a hug

Maybe you'd let me, maybe you wouldn't...
but for that split second, I wanted to try.

Would a hug absorb our confusion?

If I absorbed yours and you absorbed mine,
Would it all meet somewhere in the middle and cancel out?

But I made my decision
And kept driving
Back to my own house where I knew
I'd have to now deal with the fact

That I made my decision.

1 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Blogger localpoet said...

not your best work turtle dove... i like it. but i fail to love it like your other pieces. you seem to be hiding.

just a thought.
whitehorse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home