an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Friday, December 10, 2004

Old George Washington dressed in Green

by: Surreal as Sunlight

The door slammed shut
like it has a thousand times before
I knew that sound
I knew it by my heart

Three out of the four entered
The usually loud cheeriness
I knew that loudness
I knew it by my heart

I showed my face
because you told me it was good to

Sometimes I wonder
If you fake it or not

Do you force this familiarity out of your throat?
Or does is it does it come naturally
through your clogged arteries
and stretched out veins?

You don't have to fake it for me.

I know your fakeness.
I know it all too well.

But last night
When everything I knew
struck me like it always did
And I was jolted
like the feeling you get
as the airplane takes off.

Did you plant the wrong seed?

Or was it just a completely different seed altogether?

There was once a time
where I would try to straighten myself out
like the crumpled dollar I rubbed against a vending machine
but it just wouldn't accept it.

Maybe you'd prefer
Solid change?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home