an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Error 7, one ten oh four

by: shira

The screen is
A little blue box of reprimands
Error 7, one ten oh four
I've shut down the system wrong

Waiting, I can see the sky out the window
If it weren't so cold I'd be out there too
What keeps me from raw beauty
Is hating inconvenience

In one single day I see a million things
Hear a hundred laughs
Smell one thousand jokes
In one single night I hold with all of me
Who I want to see
At my funeral

Error seven, one ten oh four
She forgot his special day
He mistook her for a thief
They turned backs on their beliefs

Sure we all make mistakes
I've forgotten all my worst
They come back to hurt me
When I've hurt someone

Error 7, one ten oh four
Children sing for everyone
Grown ups live by the book
Every time I make a mark in any
I shudder

The biggest error I've ever made
Was shutting down wrong
I should have kicked and whispered strong
Instead of obligedly shivering

Error 7, one ten oh four
It's not too late for me
To turn it all back on
And wait for a better screen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home