an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

doctor oh doctor

by line dry only

your life is sopping wet
and you're dying in here;;
on this duvet covered bed
with the pillows turned down
jade blanket lying across the
doorway
you have no fear, you will

disappear

i don't want to think about
all of the times i felt alone
alone like --
"somebody, know me-
or I'll die living an eternity as a
star"

cold, and lonely
out there for everybody to see
sometimes, i don't like you gazing at
my habits, my habitat, my blinking eyes
maybe it's not my fault that i'm alone
by myself, forever

ok so you take things a little too far
and i exaggerate my pronouns

i want
somebody to scream,
somebody to live,
somebody to stop pretending that the life they feed us
is the only option
and that their dooney & bourke bags
are the best thing since the rubiks cube

and.. i must say. the rubiks cube...
well that's pretty sweet.

but who am i kidding - preaching to the choir
like you all should know how to live

how to breathe when you forget you're breathing

what a hypocrite i am,
of course i know how to live
when i'm using a flat screen computer with state of the art high-powered internet
and i live in naperville.

yeah.
sure am experienced.

you've turned into more than a monologue
a dialogue of clouds and whispering wisps of
nothings you've acquired over the years that you've
spent
utterly spent
wasted with nothing left but your eyes

and blue is fading too
you are fading through

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home