an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Monday, August 15, 2005

science experiment

by whitehorse

i had a few drinks
so i thought that i was a poet
and i found a piece of printer paper
and a pen your mom stole from the bank
and i wrote about how broken my heart was

when just hours ago she had kissed me like
i was the one
and she usually never kisses me when im drunk
and your sister was sad again
and i felt alone
surrounded by my best friends

and one of the best writers i know
sat next to me and cried
becuase she had no one to comfort her
and i was to drunk
to full of my own sadness
to offer anything
more then a sip from my bottle of corona
which she didnt take

and i walked home with two boys
that loved me in exactly the same way
that i loved them
and the liquor made us shout it

but you drove home hours ago
so you didnt hear
and my love was soo pure
it would burn if lit
and explode into a bright ball
leaving everything else in darkness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home