an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

dont ever say that about anyone, not even me

by whitehorse

i threw a punch at my past
a roundhouse
and it was in that moment
that i knew we would never be friends again

my past just fell back into the ugly couch
my parents bought when they first got married
she grabbed for me but only caught air between her fingers
and i stood above her, muscles aching
puffing myself up like a bird and hoping
she wouldnt fight back

and she looked soo beautiful
her eye starting to close
taking on a dark blue like night oceans
i really wanted to kiss her

but instead i turned my back
and walked out of my own house
i could feel my feet touch grass instead of pavement
but my eyes were closed too tight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home