an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Simply Put

tinny tulle

Funny thing is
I think I found love once
In arms never to hold me tight
Lips that never dare caress my own
And eyes that looked miles beyond me

I was never given the time of day
Because of your pride and girlfriend
And my own stumbles with words and gestures

And that time you called
And told me that your world was spinning
Both Vertical and Horizontal
And then mumbled how you felt about me
While you slurred your words together
But it was a mistake to be spoken aloud
Something we both felt but never should have been said
But you did and I know you meant it

It's just a shame
That nothing ever comes of mistakes
Because if it did we wouldn't still be looking
for people like one another
Someone to love
When were just blocks apart
With miles between our hearts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home