an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Pray in the Morning

By Amy

His beard was a lot softer than I thought it would be
And I didn’t need to learn to love it, it was fast.
Soon I just let my wild hands
Chisel instructions across the cliff in the parking lot
For a sculpture of his face whenever I needed to remember he used to move.
And he said that I could have his hands,
But didn’t understand why I liked them so much
And I need someone who understands the love,
Strong hands that will hold and let go
And his stopped moving so soon

And I need someone who runs and lies down under the ceiling to push it back up with their tongue
Someone who speaks

And thank you G-d for providing me with grace and rage so I could
Find the difference
And hold it close
And let it go how I wanted his hands to

1 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger localpoet said...

Amy, I will continually be amazed by your talent.

"And I need someone who runs and lies down under the ceiling to push it back up with their tongue," I love it.

-bru

 

Post a Comment

<< Home