an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Eternity

Black Charger

Never shall I forget that night
The one that consumes all my fright
The first night in camp
The night my heart turned black
Seven times cursed
And seven times sealed
My life changed forever
And destiny revealed
Beneath a silent blue sky
Hell stood right in front of me
Nothing the heavens could do
While everything around me was askew

Never shall I forget those flames
The ones that consumed my faith
And everything I believed in
When all my thoughts turned to sin
The nocturnal silence
Which deprived me from living
And the God I thought I had
Stood nowhere beside me
Those moments that murdered my God
And turned my dreams to dust
Where everything around me
Was completely unjust


A found poem based off of Night Pg. 32
By: Elie Wiesel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home