an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Monday, September 06, 2004

Looking for a Stranger

by: Surreal as Sunlight

You smiled at me with the most inviting smile
I learned who you were, and you the same for me
I followed you outside, I was a child

You vanished from my eyes
And I was lost
Under a black cloak
that posed as the sky

I searched.
Left, right, behind every few seconds.
Nothing.

I crawled.
And then I saw it.
Bluffing.

I threw myself away.
I choked.
I drowned.
I survived.

You felt the same tragedy.
You were left unconscious.

I walked away.

The heart of a giant came to the rescue.
Not with any bad intentions.
But only to keep a soul together.
And to keep another pure.

I woke up that next morning,
Feeling a vacancy under my left lung.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home