an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Katy

black charger

Crying myself to sleep that night
You knew just what to do
You took my fears
And made them untrue

The inevitable scares me to death
When I think about taking my last breath
So we stayed up late that night and talked about those fears
But everything you said only brought more tears

Something you believe so strongly without any proof
Is amazing to me when I think it’s all a big spoof
You speak like you know and your words all make sense
But I can’t comprehend something this immense

With all the uncertainty there’s one thing you know
You believe with all your heart it’s something that shows
To have such a deep faith is something I want
But for me seeing is believing which is something so avaunt

I know I can’t grasp this and I probably never will
But with fighting this battle that is all uphill
One day I might understand the love that you feel
For something to me that seems so unreal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home