an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Friday, December 10, 2004

Takeout menu

by tinny tulle

You light up around me
Each and every time
As if it’s your last
Savoring the flavor
Lingering on your lips
Clenching it in between your teeth
Like a lion does its prey

Somehow that won you over
More than I ever will you
Your desire and longing for it
Is more than you’ll ever need me
They say I don’t know your past
The things that you’ve said and done
All those girls you’ve used
Just to have your fun
Promising them love forever
But truly just a one night stand

Yet you look at my mother and see something
That in which you didn’t see in the others
Love, innocence, trust; all that you never had
So you took her and used her for your simple pleasures
Knowing that she’d never be the same

Your drugs, your women, your life
All which you choose to keep in the past
Will be the stories you tell to me
Of “lies” “mistake” and “regret”
But with a small smile on your face
You tell them all the same

Not knowing how they changed me
Into something I hoped to never be
Just like you
The exact same story

But as they always say
We become our parents

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home