an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Deeming whats worthy

<>by: crosswise

Tonight you brought out a side of me I didn’t know I had
I developed a problem when I was young
One that we all have
It can’t truly be seen until the words are spoken <>

When I look at you I know who you are
We have never met before but I can tell what you are
The style of your clothing, the way your body moves
Tells me these things
Tells me their true <>

She is across the room I stand staring at her
She is what I am no greater no less
Gaping at me determining what I am
She thinks I’m gay from the clothes that I wear
Thinks that I’m different from the way I do my hair <>

When I look at her all I see are lies
Her fake tan, fake nails, fake body
All lies
The smile on her face keeping her secrets all in
Pretending she has no problem spreading gossip about her friends <>

It may not be what one would think
A disease, an epidemic, a leak
But when it’s all together we begin to realize
That stereotypes are hell
We don’t even give that person a try

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home