an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Give me something to hold onto

by shira

Give me something to hold onto
And I’ll give you my jacket, my blanket, my hands
To hold and wash over you
To keep you warm and give you chills

I take breaths like you make music
With your drums
With my mouth and nose
You inhale melodies
I sing in harmonies
Let’s walk together
I’ll step one way
You’ll fall in place
With your feet still jaunting, glowing, pounding

If it’s all like this
The trees and the streets and my heart and my head
It’s not as bad
As I thought
To be in love
With someone you love
Because it all looks brighter
When things get darker
So you’re near

I’ve sworn off resistance
Of bees and honey and you
I’m sweet sometimes
I sting sometimes
But you come back for more
And I stop trying to stop you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home