an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Monday, July 11, 2005

The Wait Of a Red Light

by Surreal as Sunlight.

As the blue hue of the TV illuminated our faces
We watched as actors acted like real life was fake
and in the movies, they swing so quickly around the bases
and when no one was looking, each chance we'd take

to kiss quickly and our hearts would smile.
The orange fires embers stuggled to burn
to keep us warm, under our blankets for awhile.
Someone once said that kissing in movies is how we learn,

But movies can only take you so far.

For instance you drove me home later that night,
and my headed rested on your shoulder the whole way.
And I said I love you sometimes, sometimes you might
And each time the red lights were lit and we had to wait

I'd take my chance like no one could see
and suddenly the wait wasn't so long anymore.
Red lights are just for you and me,
and green lights mean pedal to the floor.

So we can get to the next, and hope for yellow.

1 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger localpoet said...

i liked it a lot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home