an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Sunday, September 18, 2005

college life, and this is what my roomate means when he says he loves college

by whitehorse

Can I say something timeless
Like boys will be boys
To explain the way
We led a boy upstairs
To fuck a drunk girl

Can I say something funny
Like alls well that ends well
Since her door was locked
So he couldn’t get in
to do what he wanted

to do
What we wanted him to do
What I thought to be a good idea
Forgetting how I knew
It would feel

Because she told me

And this girl had come to our room
In tears
Earlier that night
And I had tried to comfort her

I didn’t kiss her
Even though she moved to
I turned my head
I am always turning away from affection
That is littered with heartbreak

And she wanted revenge
Against
A nameless boy
Who probably smiled
in yearbook photographs
Who goes to ohio state
And fucked her best friend

And boys would be boys
Is what my roommate said
And then he laid down with her

And I picked up a pen
Not to write

But to erase the fact
That life was working itself out
In a way that even I wouldn’t buy

And when I heard the first kiss
My pen dried up

And I felt a twinge of guilt
And sorrow
Because it should have been me

Either I should have kissed her
Or I should have laid there
And blocked another

And when my roommate said
He was going to her room

I told him not to be a bad guy

And I went out into the night
And called my goddess
And she came upon me like a breeze
To assure me

That I had done the right thing
And when my roommate didn’t fuck her
But told us all how
Bad
she wanted it

Another boy volunteered
So we all ran up the stairs
peeked our heads around the corner

and when he tried that handle
it was locked

and we all said
fuck
like we really meant it

but what would I have said
if he went in

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home