an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Shadows on the road

by shira

When I’m driving home from the place I love
The place
Not a place
Since it’s the only one

From the only one
Far enough away
That I can count on only wind to bring his smell
I expect the roads to be the way I like

When shadows from tires
Are cast on the run-overs
That barely yell out when rubber hits its face
I’d rather have a bicycle so I’d take up much less space

I’m being caught up with
And sought after
There’s a devil with a flashlight
Since I’m driving fast to get home
Not even my home
But the one I sleep in

Buzzing street lamps make me think that
The way I was brought up
Was to hide from illusions
That make you think you are the real one

My headlights are so dim
When seated near a wooden lamp
Over our heads when I lay with you
And you fold and unfold both my hands

I hate to see the space behind me
Where I escape from and spit on
Grow so dark
Back to its beginning
When I gave it new light
Just by passing through

Anything ahead
Will need this nurtured nature, too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home