an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Connect the Dots (a poem for best friends)

by S.a.S.

If you were to see us from space
We would have been a constellation
Shining from the concrete
Each of us
With a luminous grow
Underneath us
We lay
Illuminated
And silhouetted
We have the history
Of stars in the sky
I don’t remember knowing anything else
Before I knew you
And I don’t remember
How my motion would have motion
If you hadn’t crossed my ocean
And sometimes you were the sharks
And we were the minnows
We were always ready to catch each other
When you were ready to fall
When I was ready to crawl
And now we lay
On these cold metal grates
Blocking illumination of such a beautiful thing
We may fall in and out of discord
But in our current state
We connect the dots
Like our own constellation
There is not a thing
That I would not tell you
I have uncovered to you
All your misconceptions
Honesty can pull us together
Like gravity to earth
And we little dots
Connect.

1 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger localpoet said...

this is so sweet and well-written.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home