an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Saturday, March 18, 2006

33 RPM

by S.a.Sunlight

We gently laid the record
down on its dusty back
the needle slid over the chords
playing our hand picked track

It crackled and popped
like a well groomed campfire
it brought such warmth to our ears
as we shivered together there

and i laid there next to you
we were like two links to a chain
connected by the ideas of an artist
yet separate individuals

the fire crescendo
notes graze our ears
as we melt away our pain and fears

and my actions speak more than my words
sometimes you dont need to say a thing
for the words to be understood

and it was quite clear, that your eyes
spoke louder than the pentatonic melodies

La Mer was strong, we sunk in the waves
but your smile told me that you are a life raft
you'll always float my body

my index finger was a needle
it slid down your grooves
oh what horrid music it made

so many dissonant notes
to clash harmonies with the fire around us

who's ears decide what a beautiful melody is

playing in the key of sincerity
my human needle keeps following the turns

the fire burns

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home