an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Recent Bought of Insomnia

by: Stacy

number one

Napoleon conquered
rivers and fields,
mountains and towns.

Columbus traveled,
though centuries apart,
so we could stand on mutual ground.

Religion collected
the seekers and the desperate,
the believers, the hopeful.

Lois and Clarke,
Magellan and mavericks,
gold diggers and geese.

They all travel,
they all search,
but they all fall short,

because though I'm not a bragger,
I do believe I found you.
And in that lies all the victory.



number two

I've never been this terrified.
of losing what I never had,
of fearing the fall, without taking the jump,
of turning cynical without experience.



number three

If we forge miles without stirring,
if we build fortresses with silence,
if we turn Blake's Lambs into Tygers,
or display hatred with confidence,

if this boat we're in should start sinking,
I thought it would be best that you knew
I've never felt closer to Heaven,
than when I was in embrace with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home