an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Thursday, September 16, 2004

All too familiar

by Turtledove

You've been had before.
A good-for-nothing lazy ass
Had you
with every gesture

You said you'd never felt loved before
I knew you were lying
Because I've known you from the beginning
Nevermind, before that.

I knew you in your magma stage.

Back when you were still malleable and moldable
All your smiles were genuine
Every laugh was true and deep

The earth itself caved in
The day your heart broke
And all the stars themselves held you
when you cried over the loss

Of something not that great to begin with

For a while
You tried facing things
But like the coward you've made yourself to be
You couldn't trust yourself to be alone

I've blinked
And you're nothing but a wide-eyed doe
again...
Hypnotized by the headlights

This is all too familiar
Like the cycle's started over
And this time around, you don't even have
Innocence
Ignorance
Or Inexperience
to blame it on

I'd like to grab you
And melt you down to magma

You liked yourself more then
And so did I.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger localpoet said...

One of my favorites, Turtledove.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home