an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Monday, December 13, 2004

S.A.D. (Something About December)

by Hopeless Hopeful

History will always repeat itself,
no matter what the case.
You can see this to be true
by the tears that are streaming off my face.

There's just something so cold
that comes with December,
and it's not the arctic air
that makes it hurt so much to remember.

Remember, remember...
What's there to remember?

The troubled look in your eyes that pierce through my being,
the sad tone in your voice that would make angels shed tears of their own.
Your words that burn my heart and mind into wasted embers.

Those are some sorrows that I will remember
that have become synonymous with the name of
December.

History will always repeat itself,
just like it has before.
And once again I am left broken and alone
while watching my heart fly away with you
out that same door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home