an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Monday, July 18, 2005

you always give me some new reason to write about you

by bachelorette

I've got a brand new day
to want to see
your happiness
ripped
to bits and pieces
but it's for the
same old reason

so I'll flee the country
and assure myself with
everything cheap and everything easy
(the way you like your girls)

you are the bigger person,
I am the bigger person

and if I threw up a meal
or slit a wrist
or wrote a longing poem
I'd be damned if
any of it was done in
your name.

I used to let it bother me that you were
content and fulfilled with female after
manufactured female and I still had
this void

because my face was NEVER
prettier than yours and I
think you like that in a partner;
a little bit of ugly
inferior lowlier
less intelligent
so that you never forget
what a god you are.

and I hope that one day
someone hits you harder
than you did me that
night, those long months

someone slaps the PRETTY
out of you and brings
you down to earth

someone shows you how
it feels to lose and
how it feels to carry a void

I'll write it sing it dance it
throw it down somewhere
and never fucking relent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home