an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Praying For You Like My Dying Uncle

by Surreal as Sunlight

and so my mother took me to the temple
where I was told to pray
and my forced head led my forced heart
then together we prayed away

I think it's cruel how we cry out to Him
Only when we need Him most
When it's life or death
maybe then there's a Holy Ghost

Else case, he doesn't exist
We don't need Him
he doesn't need us
and then we'll go out on a limb

Like when my uncle is dying
then only He can help now
so I'm forced to pray to him
no choice is bound

and similarly
you write on your blog
internet prayers, cries for help
and it's all heard loudly through fog

and the ones your worship
don't ever answer your wishes
you'll have your revelation
while you're doing the dishes

If no signs of return
are a reason not to believe in Him
then no signs of return
are a reason not to believe in them.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger localpoet said...

i thought this was interesting and had a lot of truth to it.

-bachelorette/lauren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home