an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Monday, September 19, 2005

You Know, I Know He Knows I Know He Doesn't Always Know

by shira

My love is far away
And my eyes are a little more dim
Than when he's in front of them
And keeps them from drying up

And I'm a little more blind
Than when he laughs in front of my crooked glasses
Because I'm trying to see him
Squinting at 700 miles

In two more months
We'll be stronger
And I'll see cleaner
Because when I see him
That first sight
At the airport
My everything will be clear
And I'll have everything

As my vision is washed over
With relief
The sweet water will pour a lot faster
Than something sad you try to put a dam in front of

1 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger localpoet said...

how does this effect poetry. how does this change things. this comment about comercialization.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home