an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

There is no way to say it

by Surreal as Sunlight

I never drove with so much compassion

We tripped through the familar suburban streets
Your patient ears sat quietly in the passenger seat
While I uncovered what you've missed in the past weeks

We slid through the intersection slowly
Time stood still
As the ignorant driver
oncoming traffic
he could have taken my life

You screamed
I didn't do anything
He would have turned right into me
He could have crushed me from the left

Then it all would have been over
What would be left?

And how would you have felt
A boy who once loved you
A man who you never knew
His life ended so true

Tears did graze your cheeks
But I couldn't wipe them down
I drove with so much compassion
I wouldn't want to let you down

But I did wonder why they fell
Was it the death of me
I guess it could have been anything
That you didn't want to leave behind

We took in that car with us
Only what we had
Ourselves
Our histories
We can't really take anything with us

So what is there to cry about?

There is so much.

1 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger localpoet said...

there is so much.
turtledove

 

Post a Comment

<< Home