an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Friday, June 16, 2006

Diamonds are For(ever)

by Surreal as Sunlight

He slipped the diamond ring on your fingers
but it didn't fit
He assumed it was just because he picked the wrong ring
but you've kept him oblivious for too long

I came back from miles of travel
and you couldn't wait to
slip your lips onto mine
we never resisted the ultimate temptation

but you never told him

Since then I thought maybe
just maybe you were my friend
but only when you need somone to talk to
about the guys that aren't him

And now, you've told them all it's blackmail
that I forced you into it
Even after your slipped your own lips

All I ever did was love you back
when you could love
And help you out
when you needed to fill the void

And now we're both back here
you chose to stick with diamonds and sex
rather than your friends
rather than the rest

Lucky you, I've had loose lips
everyone knows now
It's just a matter of time

And I'm not afraid of the father
who beats his kids
He is just looking to make himself feel better
But sadly, he produces a tragedy
girls who get beat
love to get beat all night
sex sex sex

I regret it ever happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home