an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Salted Cut

by line dry only

I've been stolen

goodbye deserved credit
for the part I played
in our comedically romantic
tragically
expansively
useful entanglement

with satirical cousins
ironic fathers
and natural grassroots
(and baby, you've got male)

you've thrown me away
a used fast food napkin
soiled, cheap, made out of brown recyclable parts
trying to be pretty

but I'm one use only
and can't be washed
because I fall apart
when you try

look at all the
soapy dishwater
I've soaked out
of you

2 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger localpoet said...

the whole thing is great, but the last two verses are especially amazing. really, really good job.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger localpoet said...

from line dry only

thank you! whose comment is that??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home