an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Friday, July 21, 2006

Hidden Treasure, or the search for

by Surreal as Sunlight

Years ago, you were a prophet
your lead inscription on blue lines on white paper
It was the one time that you were honest with yourself
The one time that you were honest with me

You struck my eyes with the gaze I once loved
and slipped the paper into my hand

I peeled open the truth on this piece of paper

You told me, "one day....

One day you will find the girl with the heart of gold
and you'll really be able to show her yours
You'll be happier than you've ever known
You'll forget everyone in the past
because her love is so strong
all that will matter is here and now
You'll spend every minute wishing that you had met her a minute earlier
And everytime she smiles, you'll fall in love with her again
She'll love anything you do, because it's cute when you do it
And no matter what happens
waking up from bed will always be a struggle
because you cannot leave your side

My heart is darkened
You don't belong with me
You'll find her and love her forever
and I won't matter anymore"

I'm still looking, still holding the candle light
Why were you always right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home