an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Some Girls

By Amy Lipman

Please, Please

When I heard your voice fighting the up and down
You, sopping and shaking
Were held

You can be sure I’ll not pretend
To be what you need,
And there was snow

Gliding down the bus ramp
Skipping you home
Holding onto your hands
So you’d be warm for once


I Danced

I danced in front of the mirror
Used the heels of the red boots from my mother
Unzipped the red coat from my mother
To own the platform and be touched by smoke

More things are the color of blood and flame
Than people who have never
Seen a houseplant explode
Would think

I love the other side of reflection
The side that shows nobody really
Looks like themselves
And that tepid domesticity
Manifests in foxes who eat their young

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home