an attempt to tip the scales

losing what i love in a mess of details

Monday, September 19, 2005

Loose Lips Sink Ships

by Surreal as Sunlight

And I wanted to laugh with you
Because of something he said
He didn't know
that it was one of our favorite things to do already

He's so innocent
but no one ever told him
because loose lips sink ships

Just like I was before I met her
The one who you claimed should never have trekked the deserts of my wasteland

And I always thought you were so bold
Taking the capsules and freeing them of the images of her
Replacing them with your own perscription
Allowing me to love you even more

And now that music
That song we danced to in your family room
That heaven that graced our ears in my bedroom
It's a whole other poison now

Ever since we sat there
In the heat of that subway station
Eyes focused on the tracks
anywhere but my anticipation

Lies spilled from my lips
Because loose lips sink ships
I tried to keep this boat together
The idea that this was forever
Never took hold in your head
Love is more than just on a bed

It's carrying your lover to the car
When her feet hurt from dancing together all night
and the car is so far
And talking the until the daytime light

And I promised you I'd never tell anyone a word
Because loops lips sink ships
And your lies kept my ship afloat
But now I can see you from my boat

So I never did laugh with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home